SimpLe TroPiCaL TabLe StyLe

Well isn't that a mouthful? 
And while I'm on the subject of eating......
I'm more than a little bit pleased with my 'new to me but oh so vintage' plates......they were simply meant to live here in amongst the sea green spiked, white painted dreaminess that is my dining room. 

They will be my Christmas plates on my Scandi Coast Style Christmas table and they will be enjoyed all over again on Boxing Day for my Birthday when they will be piled up with Christmas leftovers!

They are just the most divine shade of palest bleached seafoam glaze you ever did see washed up on a dinner plate.

There were six in all and the brand is Ridgeway so perhaps they were a little bit posh in their day. (It's the plate in the middle with the white rim). They are styled here with the Freedom plates the kids gave me for Mother's Day and a textured plate I've had for ages but originally bought from Bed Bath'n'Table.

In this coastal inspired house though it's all about casual styling so I gave them a dressing down with a textured place mat and battered and banged up bamboo cutlery.


The little fish shaped dish and the palm tree embossed glass are also thrifted and are some of my new favourite things for creating a coastal mood at the dinner table.





I'm always adding to the mix and loving every minute of it......you know I do!

Tania xx

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always Tania... really hope you are feeling better and that the pool situation works itself out.
    xx :):) double smiley for you this week!.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina......you're a sweetie!
      I haven't a clue what's happening with the pool yet.
      Tania xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Gosh, I hope so Katrina!
      I'm that excited for Christmas.
      I've got fish and you've got fishing......tehe ;O)
      T xx

      Delete
  3. I'm coming to Newcastle for dinner ;)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gorgeous colour! love the cutlery and fish bowl.
    great job on the dresser too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,
      I'm just so glad it's done.
      I have no patience for that kind of thing!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous TM. You sure have some great thrifting finds up your way. I love your ways with blues.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love those plates. That fish bowl would be very at home at my house haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny but I always think of you when I see fish......without fail!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  7. do you know I look and I look but rarely find anything in those colours, I am so jealous!
    Love the table setting by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deanne,
      I think Newcastle people don't like sea green. They keep getting rid of it. I have to admit these bits are like rare gems and not to be found too often ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  8. Just beautiful! I can't decide if I like the little white bubbly plate or the bamboo cutlery. Always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine,
      I love all of the bits and put them together even if they don't go ;O)
      T xx

      Delete
  9. Just love these colours! It will be a very pretty Christmas table :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so tropical.... I adore the cutlery...and the rest!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brings a little bit of fun to the mundane which I totally love ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  11. Love Ridgeway but this colour, never in my wildest dreams.....oh look over there!!!!

    ....got them (insert evil laugh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do bag inspections at the door ;O) tehe!

      Delete
  12. So lovely Tania... Christmas by the Sea perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete

It was so sweet of you to say HeLLo......ThanKs for stopping by.
Tania Maree xx