ShoPPin' the HouSe

Well, after yesterdays meltdown and having gained some much needed perspective I'm feeling a little more like my usual cheerful self......;O)

I've been working on refreshing a rather large piece of furniture which has been providing me with some much needed storage in the pantry for the last three years. I don't need the extra shelves in the pantry any more and much prefer to enjoy the extra space.

I've been stripping (no I'm not referring to getting busted painting in only my undies and a singlet) a huge and very solid old sideboard and repainting it with a fresh coat of white paint the colour of ice cream (not the creamy type but the light and fluffy soft serve type). It looks delicious!

It now has pride of place in my Scandi Coast Style Dining Room...







What was that? You don't like it???



I love nothing more than using what I already have and recreating it in a whole new way. That's exactly what shopping the house is all about really.

The Dining Room looks completely different now that I've taken down the gallery wall (don't worry it will pop up else where) and replaced it with a sturdy and not too pretty looking white buffet sprinkled with some of my favourite mint green and white kitchen wares and cook books......and just in time for Christmas too!

Tania xx

31 comments:

  1. Love it! Specially like how you have styled it in all those lovely aqua & green colours... looks rad! Perfect in that possie too, clearly love it so wont be kissing your bare but anytime soon :-). Later Tanya, have lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach......sooooooo glad you like it ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  2. FAB UL ARSE!!!.....just keeping to theme!....it's important don't you think.
    al x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much......I need a nap now! ;O)
      T xx

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing, white paint can fix anything. Glad you're feeling happier today. xT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni......
      The makeover has made me feel happier ;O)
      T xx

      Delete
  5. Looks gorgeous! I love your styling as always, your colours are beautiful!

    I love the wood dice with words... can I ask where it is from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine,
      I found them on Etsy a while back.
      They are cool hey?
      T xx

      Delete
  6. Mwah! Love the paint job too! Yeah your back and firing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am......as soon as I have my nap;O)
      T xx

      Delete
  7. Brilliant!! And thumbs up for the styling. If all it takes is a singlet and a pair of knickers to achieve that look, then I better start ditching and get painting!!! ;-)) LoL heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks awesome Tania, and god I love your dining chairs. So lovely and fresh looking!
    Glad you've snapped out of your melt down mode!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they awesome Bec.
      I got them for $50 each (the ones in the mags all cost $295 each.
      I got 6 chairs for the price of one and no postage cost......WooHoo!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  9. looks fabulous! you shop the house so well! love those little dice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so cute and heaps of fun.
      friends can leave me messages.
      T xx

      Delete
  10. love the colors! shopping the house is truly the best...looking at things in a different new way! great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the change.
      It'll be a great spot for Christmas decorations for a Christmas breakfast.
      T xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie.
      I don't know why I didn't do it sooner ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  12. Woohoo! Love it Tania, looks so clean and fresh!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cas.
      That was exactly the look I was after.
      T xx

      Delete
  13. Pretty blues again and your dresser is looking superb.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Carolyn......
      There will be some red for Christmas! ;O)
      T xx

      Delete
  14. thought I might pop on over so you knew I was still alive!! :) I forgot how lovely your blog was!! and those little word blocks SUPER AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em......did you get my message?
      I've been wondering where you'd got to......
      I thought maybe something exciting was happening in Newcastle and nobody told me ;O)
      T xx

      Delete

It was so sweet of you to say HeLLo......ThanKs for stopping by.
Tania Maree xx