ShoP the HouSe & MaKe MoNeY

My favourite kind of makeover is always the one that doesn't cost anything......the only thing that tops it is the makeover that makes you money! Curious much? I have to admit it rarely happens!

I've been flat out painting and rearranging lately. I made over my Dining Room using the buffet from my walk in pantry. I bought it for $80 about three years ago (such a bargain for such a beautiful and solid piece). 

The pantry has heaps more space and the Dining Room has a beautifully refreshed storage unit to display my beautiful plates and glasses. I love decorating with utility pieces......it's one of my favourite ever decorating things to do. It was a big job stripping it back and repainting it and I'm soooo glad it's done. My  painting wrist has given out in protest but me thinks it was very much worth it!!! ;O)

The buffet which was originally in the Dining Room was then listed on ebay and made me a few hundred extra dollars......which will come in very handy with the pool installation looming. See how I just worked that in there......the pool has been APPROVED! Personally, I think it was the tears that got it across the line. Hot tip; Council officers don't like sobbing lunatics apparently.

So after all that painting and rearranging and cleaning and Christmas crafting I thought the pantry could do with a good zhooshing......until it sparkled! I think I'm all set for the Christmas grocery shop......once my dodgy wrist heals that is!

Pantry organising - this is the utility side - take a closer look at the reflection in the colander and you can see the whole pantry.

These gorgeous patterned serving bowls are from House but they remind me of ones I've seen at Anthropologie. They have other colours and designs too. The white plates to the right are Rhubarb brand and cost 20 cents each at my vintage boutique. If you do the math you can't even buy a coffee for that!!!



The tree just keeps getting piled on with handmade decorations and blingy baubles I found in the cupboard. What a happy jumble!
Handmade feather baubles (acrylic baubles and feathers are from Lincraft)

I'm kinda knackered so I'm off to make a cup of tea and read a magazine. I can still turn the pages with my good hand ;O)

Happy Hump Day!!!

Tania xx

34 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your pool approved! How exciting! Love all your tree decorations too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie.
      And no changes to the design had to be made ;O)
      It's booked to be installed in just over a week.
      I was cheeky and and pre-empted the approval.
      You have to at this time of year!!!
      I have temporary fencing booked as well so we can use it for Christmas one way or the other!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely, love your Christmas decos.
    I get painter's wrist too- not good for a girl who is now painting furniture for a living!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOohHh, it's really painful. I don't think I could do it for a living!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  3. beautiful :) glad to hear the pool will be happening!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! So happy for you about the pool, that is fantastic news! Sounds like your wrist might have RS!? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma,
      Yes, and it stands for Real Sore Injury.
      Tania xx

      Delete
  5. Oh, what an amazing effort - looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nikki,
      I don't know about stunning but it does look like home ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  6. The pools approved, Yippee!! Oh and the pantry looks very neat and tidy. Hope the wrist improves. xT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Toni.
      I find it hard to not be doing much all of a sudden ;O)
      It doesn't get me out of cooking though......
      Tania xx

      Delete
  7. Does that mean you sold the Parker buffet?

    I would kill for that walk in pantry. God you are talking about a Christmas grocery shop...... are you crazy???? Or rather extremely organised.

    Also I reckon tears running down your lovely face would be enough to get the taj through council.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was the Parker buffet.
      Yes, I have started the Christmas shop.
      My face didn't look lovely that day......or any day really ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  8. Love those bowls, they do look very "anthro" :) You are on a roll with all your organizing and rearranging and holiday decorating. I wish I could get some of that to rub off on me....hoping to get busy with the holiday decorating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't seem to be able to sit still.
      The wrist injury has slowed me right down though ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  9. wow your turn to be energetic...looks great!
    love the little aqua elves...
    pool party at your place????
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very soon there will be a pool party......every single day of Summer ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the approval of your pool.. crying does work at times :)

    I'm so impressed with your re-do, re-sale, up-grades! I do the same thing .. the ultimate in recycling. Your pantry is wonderful and looks so organized. Your dishes are so pretty. I'm a neutral fan .. adore all the whites :) and all the sweet baubles are so festive.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    xx
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leslie ;O)
      Happy Thanksgiving to you!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  11. I just have to ask - What do you use all the colanders for??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine,
      I'm always straining something......this week it's my wrist ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  12. Great news re pool! Cute Christmas elves, if that's what they are! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe they are Norwegian Santas Penny ;O)
      At least that's what the tag said I think!
      I knew my daughter would love them......
      Tania xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Tania Maree, what an inspiration. I so heart your Christmas decorating and I am a fan of embracing the festive season early. Our tree will go up this weekend and will definitely come down shortly after Christmas. I will be sharing our tree next week hopefully . Enjoy the festive season Kind Regards Shell-A Darlings Nest

      Delete
    3. Hi Shell,
      Thanks so much.
      I can't wait to see your tree ;O)
      It's only once a year so might as well have fun with it!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  13. The shots of your pantry are lovely, but it's the white tree I fell in love with at first sight. I think I'm going to have to have one this year.

    Pippa mentions your blog often, and I've been meaning to check it out. I don't know why it's taken me so long, but it's every bit as beautiful as she's said, and I'll be back often now that I've found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dana,
      What a lovely comment to wake up to!
      I have another white 'tree' that I'm about to reveal which I think you'll love......
      Tania xx

      Delete
  14. Love the decorations!

    I am giving away a month planner, meal planner and shopping list pad and pencil for the fridge if you want to check it out http://takeshapefitness.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely Anne,
      I'll be sure to check it out! ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  15. May I ask about your white christmas tree? I am doing my first coastal christmas and your tree is the look I am going for. Thanks. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      I bought it about 4 years ago at Bed, Bath'n'Table.
      I paid $35 for it, although the original retail price was $175.
      It's called the Easter Tree and they had a 50% off sale on all their Easter decos and I also had a gift voucher to use.
      I really love it......it's very striking although a lot of people can't get their head around the fact that it's not a traditional tree ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete

It was so sweet of you to say HeLLo......ThanKs for stopping by.
Tania Maree xx